Thanks to Scott Brinker, I got an incredible opportunity to join the Board of Advisors for MarTechConf, a unique set up and platform to discuss and collaborate on the extremely evolving world of digital disruption that sits on the convergence of Marketing and Technology. Scott continues to be “the” thought leader in the space and pretty much the protagonist who is shaping the industry at this intersection, I congratulate him and rest of the Third Door Media Inc. on organizing a breakthrough event.
I will be sharing a KeyNote on the inaugural day of the event in Boston on Aug 19th – Aug 20th on the need to “Grow Business with Marketing Technology, from Operations to Innovation” where I will be talking about how the role of Technology has shifted from a commodity to a strategic capability that is no longer only executing and developing ideas but opening new business models and channels and inspiring creativity and brand stories that engage and drive consumer behaviors.
It is a very interesting time for all of us marketers who are clearly lead and driven by the consumer and her expectations. I will be talking about Carlota Perez’s study on the “Socio Economic Paradigm Shifts and the Great Surges” and how I strongly believe that we are currently in one of those surges that has entered a state of “MATURITY” and has allowed technology to play a leading role.
In that regard, I often say that “Technology is the New Experience” and what a better example to exemplify that than the iPhones and the Samsungs that are clearly “EXPERIENCES” that are completely lead by technology. The ultimate state of this intersection is when you can’t differentiate if the technology inspired the story or if the story inspired the technology and that’s the power of “MARKETING TECHNOLOGY”.
Besides this topic though, there is a group of fabulous speakers and thought leaders who will be talking during these 2 days, some that I highly recommend:
- Chief Marketing Technologists Symbolize Marketing’s Changing Role by Laura McLellan, VP Marketing Strategies, Gartner Research
- Agile Marketing: New Ways of Managing a New Era of Marketing, Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, CMO, BitTorrent
- Special Guest: Erik Brynjolfsson Shaping the Future of Business in The Second Machine Age, Erik Brynjolfsson, Director of the MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy
- Growing Unicorns: SapientNitro’s Chief Marketing Technology Officer University, Sheldon Monteiro CTO, SapientNitro
- Growth Hacking: The Human “Operating System” for Marketing Technology, Sean Ellis, Founder & CEO, Qualaroo and GrowthHackers.com
- Algorithmic Thinking: The Foundation of Marketing Technology, Christopher Penn, VP of Marketing Technology, SHIFT Communications
You can view the entire agenda at the MarTech website agenda section, don’t miss the details for the 2nd edition of MarTechConf 2015, San Francisco on the site.
The MarTechConf team will soon be posting the original presentation shortly after the event, I will be posting more details on my kenote on my blog shortly after. Stay tuned.