Earlier this week, I was able to attend the inaugural Marketing Technology Conference in Boston as I had shared in my last post “Technology is the New Experience“, I enjoyed my presentation on “Growing Business with Marketing Technology & Innovation” and of course the questions towards the end. It was a fascinating experience for me and am sure for others as well, a great line up of speakers and industry thought leaders. The event was a huge success for both Scott Brinker who has been a dear friend, incredible thought leader and a guide for me along my journey as well as the Third Door Media team who have been pioneers with the Search Marketing events and now sponsoring/impacting the larger marketing ecosystem.
With a million events every year, you almost get confused and at times tired of them but what was unique about the MarTech Conference was the no bullsh$$** agenda and incredible speakers. John Ellett who I met for the first time at this event beautifully summarized some of the key learnings from the event in his column on Forbes – “The Rise of the Unicorns — Why Marketing Technologists will Rule Modern Marketing”.
As promised, here is my keynote presentation on “Growing Business with Marketing Technology, from Operations to Innovation”, a few high level topics that I touched upon in my presentation:
- The evolution of technology and Carlota Perez’s analysis of the various “technology and socio-economic” waves
- The era digital revolution and the new “strategic” role of technology
- Technology as it inspires creativity and brand stories as well as creating new business models
- The new innovation ecosystem and the corporate world of digital innovation labs
- Seven key principles to drive innovation within a corporate environment
Take a read: